Youth and Technology We invite you to a parent forum on “Navigating the World of Technology With Our Youth” – Monday, January 14 at 6:30pm in the library. This free presentation and forum will create dialogue to help us work together to better support our youth. Childcare will be available and be provided by the Kent PAC. Click here for more info.
Blogging in Kindergarten K students in Mrs. Roste and Ms. Garrioch’s classes are working on their writing skills through writing on their own blogs using a platform called KidBlogs.
- Heritage Fair Mrs. Dumas is working with Mrs. Gallamore’s class (along with other classes in the near future) on developing questions to research on Canadian topics as part of the regional Heritage Fair.
Parent Mural Parents and caregivers have been working hard to create a beautiful wall mural in our StrongStart Centre. We truly appreciate all of their efforts!
- Wooden Fish for our Fence Gerry Chappell of the BC Wooden Toy Makers Society has donated a wooden fish for every child at the school. Each child will paint a fish and hang it on our front fence. Thanks so much to Mr. Chappell!
- Sensational Journals Ms. Home’s grade 1/2 class was using their 5 senses to remember how they experienced the holidays. They then wrote about this in their journals.
- TV Sets and Descriptive Writing Mr. Gallamore’s grade 4/5 class is using a TV analogy in their descriptive writing. The students were trying to provide enough description in their writing that the words would create an image that would look very similar on each person’s mental TV set.
- Making Connections and the Water Horse Mrs. Cardinal’s is reading the book “The Water Horse” aloud to her class. As they listen, the students discuss character development and work on developing connections to their world.
- Idle No More We have a few grade 5 and 6 students asking some important questions about the Idle No More movement. They will be sharing their findings about treaties as well as the impact of the Bill C-45 has on the environment with other students.
- Penguins Students in Mrs. Smith’s grade 1 class are using penguins as a theme to discuss science, math, and reading. Check out their penguin math on the board outside the class.
PAC Meeting – Tuesday at 6:30. Parent-teacher night on Wednesday, January 23 from 5-7pm.
Please click on the photos to enlarge. Comments are welcomed below.