- Kent Musical! Our musical theatre students have been working many hours with Mr. Mills and Mrs. Di Rezze in preparation for their production, “The Good Old Days”, happening next Friday, November 30th at 1:00. All are welcome and encouraged to attend.
- Identity Day This exciting school-wide project day is coming December 4th. Each student is encouraged to do a project on themselves – on their family or culture, a passion or an area of interest. For information and examples of projects from 2011, please go to http://bit.ly/U1fRK1
Remembrance Day Assembly Our school honoured those who have served and continue to serve our country at a moving assembly at Kent School. Local artists added some beautiful music to help our students sing songs about peace. Thank you to Cst. Crampton of the RCMP and Mr. Jim Johnson of the local Legion for attending and supporting our school during this important event.
Happy Movember! Miss Martinson’s class completed some very creative art projects to support Movember and awareness of men’s health. Check out the board outside their class.
Success Criteria in Writing Mrs. Cardinal and Ms. Exley’s classes are using a hamburger image for criteria in writing effective paragraphs. Do you know what parts of a paragraph the bun represents?
Senior-Teen Luncheon Agassiz Centre for Education (ACE) has been working with the senior’s community since 2009 to put on 4 luncheons a year to help build better generational relationships. This year, Kent has become a partner in this fantastic idea. 12 grade 6 students spent 3 hours on Tuesday having lunch and playing games with many important members of our community. Thank you so much to Sandy Balascak and Monica Campbell (and all the great ACE students) for including us in this important partnership.
- FN Culture Class Our Wednesday classes have started up again so your child may come home with a permission form to be part of this class that will learn about local First Nation culture. If your child comes home with the form and you have any questions, please contact Kasey at the school.
- Drama of Current Events Mr. Mills’ passion for theatre really carries over to his students as he often encourages students to act out and learn about local and global current events.
- Knitting The rainy days have begun and this means Mr. Turner’s room is full of students teaching and learning about spool knitting. It’s always wonderful to see our students wearing their self-made hats!
- Basketball Begins Both intermediate boys and girls have started basketball practices after school. The season starts in the new year but the players and coaches, Mrs. Gallamore and Mr. Grieshaber-Otto, are both excited to get going.
Comments are always welcome in the area below. Click on the photos to enlarge.
REMINDER: NO SCHOOL MONDAY (curriculum implementation day for staff)