Here are 10 Good Things To Talk About with your friends and family! (click on images to enlarge)
Read-In! On Monday afternoon, all students and teachers in the school sat down to read in our library for a “read-in” as part of our “For the Love of Books” promotion this month. For more info and photos, click here.
- VIP Readers Last week we had some very special guests including trustees Mr. Al Fraser and Mr. Ron Johnston, the superintendent Dr. Karen Nelson, mayor Mr. John VanLaerhoven, the Fraser Valley librarian Terrill Scott , former principal Mrs. Roxanne Watson, district councillor Mr. Holger Schwichtenberg and a few others came and read to our kids! For more info and photos, click here, here and here.
Happy 100 Day! Our K and grade 1 classes celebrated the 100th school day of the year this week with many fun numeracy activities!
- Book Shopping Mrs. Dumas and other teachers are trying to help students to pick out a good book by doing a little “book shopping” in the library. For more info and photos, click here.
- Techno Penpals Mr. Penner’s class is linking up with a school in Tennessee by using technology to send letters back and forth. Students are matched up by their interests. Mr. Gallamore’s class continues to link up with a class from Summerland through blogging and teacher email.
- Fitness from Ice to Water Ms.Exley and Mrs. Cardinal’s classes travelled to Hope to get some exercise through skating and swimming.
- SmartBoard Lessons Mr. Gallamore’s class is now designing their own math lessons to use on their SmartBoard. The SmartBoard is an interactive white board in which students can move objects and write on the large screen.
- Kent’s Got Talent Some students in Mr. Penner’s class organized a talent show as a fundraiser for Lilee-Jean Whittle-Putt, an infant fighting brain cancer. Students showcased their talents today at lunch for students and parents. LJ and her father and grandmother made an appearance at the school to thank the students for all their efforts to help with LJ’s fight.
Assessment Through Board Games? Mrs. Smith’s class is demonstrating their learning and creativity in Language Arts by creating board games. Assessment of student learning can be done in a variety of ways… and can even be fun for students! J
Parents in the School! We had 2 great occasions at our school in which parents and families played a key role. On Wednesday, our grade 2 and 3 First Nation students were recognized in our honouring ceremony. Students put on a delicious salmon lunch for the event. Thank you to Kasey, Nelson, and Mrs. Pennier for the efforts. Today we had many of our families in our K classes for our PALS program. Families came in and participated in a variety of learning centres to promote early literacy. Thanks to Mrs. Pennier, Mrs. Dove, and Ms. Garrioch for their efforts and thanks to all those family members that attended!