Families: Here’s something to talk about with your child or with each other!
- Cereal Drive on Now Please bring in unopened cereal boxes to the school to support the local food bank. Boxes can be left near the library.
- Food Drive With Ms. Home If you would like to donate other non-perishable food items, please drop them off in Ms. Home’s class to help them help others.
- Diorama Time! Mrs Smith’s class combined their artistic abilities with their knowledge of biology/ecology to create some awesome dioramas of nature.
- First Nation Art Mr. Penner’s class has some of their creative First Nation artwork on display in the hallway… come check it out!
- Poinsettia Orders Please support Kent School by ordering a poinsettia or 2 through our PAC. Order forms have been sent home but we have more available in the office. Due Dec. 9.
- Math Games Our intermediate students have taken their math problem solving skills to a new level with new ideas brought back by teachers who attended a math conference. Ask your child about Kakooma!
- Helping students with Anxiety Many staff members participated in a workshop on supporting students with anxiety. Anxiety is more common than we realize. Info about how to support coming soon.
- Author’s Workshop Ms. Garrioch’s kindergarten class created their own books in a kindergarten writer’s workshop… their creativity blew me away!
- K/1 FN Honouring Ceremony We honoured our FN students in kindergarten and grade 1 this week for the strengths they have within them. Families enjoyed lunch as well as some singing and drumming during this important event. Thanks to Kasey, Nelson, and Mrs. Pennier for all their help! For a post on the discussion that took place with parents prior to the event, please click here).
- Recorder Crazy! Mrs. Di Rezze has our students developing quite the skills with the recorder. I was thrilled to be part of the audience for Mr. Gallamore’s class to showcase their skills with Beethoven music on the tenor, alto, and sopranino recorders.
Have a great weekend!