Families: Here’s something to talk about with your child or with each other!
- Terry Fox Run Our whole school walk/ran the Terry Fox Run on Wednesday AND brought in money for cancer research. Classes wrote, read, and discussed the impact of Terry Fox throughout the week.
- Night of Family Science Last year’s grade 6’s won a science night from Science World last year but was postponed until last night. They were here volunteering, along with over 160 family members of Kent School, to watch some awesome science demonstrations! We enjoyed the free pizza too. Thanks to Mrs. Gallamore for helping to organize this.
- Camp Squeah Our grade 6’s travelled to Camp Squeah (on the other side of Hope) to participate in a number of outdoor learning activities… with the favourite being archery!
- Garden Work Bee! WE NEED YOUR HELP! Our beautiful garden needs some TLC so we have organized a work bee right after school on Tuesday, October 4. We have a few tools here but if you have some at home, please bring them. Hope you and your child can join us!
- Cultural Energy Bursts Mrs. Dove’s class is taking advantage of Nelson Leon’s passion of drumming to help them in listening and physical education as they dance to his drumming.
- Buddies! Mrs. Gallamore (grade 6) and Mrs. V’s (grade 1) classes have teamed up for buddy reading, buddy math, and buddy PE already this year.
- House Games Mr. Gallamore has the gym filled at lunch for boys’ handball for house games this month.
- Choir Our Kent Choir is now practicing on Wednesday afternoons. The dates are set for the Christmas Concert (December 14) and Spring Concert (May 9 and 10). Mrs. Di Rezze is looking for an accompanist as well as anybody that can help with tech (audio and/or video) this year. Please contact the school if you can help.
- Meaning of Hope Mrs. Smith’s grade 3/4 class have defined the word hope in such powerful ways. Please check the board outside their classroom.
- Photos The photos have been distributed today. The orders MUST be returned by October 11. Retakes TBA.